Thursday, April 10, 2014

Deceiver

DeceiverDeceiver by Kelli Owen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A man's wife is murdered and he's understandably wrecked. When he finds a notebook in her luggage, he finds that his wife may not have been the person he thought she was...

I got this from Darkfuse via Netgalley.

Imagine you find evidence that your recently deceased spouse was a serial killer. That's the boat Matt Newman is in in Deceiver. He gradually slides from being the grieving husband to brimming with anger as he reads the entries in his deceased wife's notebook.

I've never read a Kelli Owen book before but she knows about building tension and conveying feelings of loss and anger like nobody's business. I sympathized with Matt at the various stages of his emotional journey.

The payoff at the end is pretty damn sweet. I don't have a bad thing to say about this book. It's an easy four star read.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very cool. I was sorely tempted to snag an ARC myself, but I've got way too many books on my review shelf at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth your time, Bob. I can understand about a never ending pile of unread books, though. Got one of those at my house too.

    ReplyDelete