Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sow

SowSow by Tim Curran


Richard is convinced his pregnant wife Holly is possessed and carrying something unholy within her womb. Does it have something to do the centuries old account of a witch she'd been reading about or is Richard simply going out of his mind?

This is the seventh book in my Kindle Unlimited Experiment. For the 30 day trial, I'm only reading books that are part of the program and keeping track what the total cost of the books would have been.

With the rise of the e-book, the novella is making a comeback as a viable form of writing. Tim Curran is pretty damn good at using that form.

Sow is a revolting tale of a man and his bedridden, pregnant wife. As the pregnancy progresses and she continues changing, it quickly becomes apparent that things aren't exactly kosher. It plays on the fact that men can never know what it's like to be pregnant and runs with it.

I just mentioned the tale is revolting. As far as I knew, it's the only time I've ever felt nauseous from something I've read. Holly's transformation is disgusting, especially during the later stages. The book didn't end quite like I wanted it to but it was pretty apparent early on that it wasn't going to be a joyous pig roast at the end.

The DarkFuse novella series continues to knock them out of the park. I'm really glad this was a novella and not a full length book since I don't think I could have stomached much more. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Current Kindle Unlimited Savings Total: $38.11.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment