Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Between the Ropes

Between the Ropes: Wrestling's Greatest Triumphs and FailuresBetween the Ropes: Wrestling's Greatest Triumphs and Failures by Brian Fritz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Some guys who host a wrestling radio show rehash the last 15-20 years of wrestling.

This is the fifteenth book in my Kindle Unlimited Experiment. For the 30 day trial, I'm only reading books that are part of the program and keeping track what the total cost of the books would have been.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this. Since the authors host Between the Ropes, I thought there would be wrestler interviews in this. Nope. It was mostly a recap of the last couple decades of wrestling, most of which was during the height of my fandom. There's very little new information here for me, and what little there was could have been found on Wikipedia if I'd cared enough about TNA Wrestling to investigate. There weren't even any opinions thrown in. Give me something! Even some arm-chair quarterbacking would have been nice.

There were some interesting quotes from wrestlers scattered throughout the text but it wasn't enough to make this book feel necessary. I'm glad this was part of the Kindle Unlimited program and I didn't actually have to spend money on it. 2 out of 5 stars.

Current Kindle Unlimited Savings Total: $87.04.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment