Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stalking You Now

Stalking You NowStalking You Now by Jeff Strand


The Flatside Killer stalks the man who blundered upon the bodies of his victims 25 years ago and ended his rampage. He captures the man and it would have gone perfectly but he didn't count on the man having another stalker; his girlfriend Mindy...

This is the twenty-third book in my Kindle Unlimited Experiment. For the 30 day trial, I'm only reading books that are part of the program and keeping track what the total cost of the books would have been.

I have a confession to make. One of the reasons I jumped on board the Kindle Unlimited free trial was because DarkFuse has a ton of stuff that's part of the program. Stalking You Now might be the best DarkFuse novella I've read yet.

Jeff Strand's Wolf Hunt was a gore-strewn dark humor tale and I liked it quite a bit. This one didn't have as much gore but I thought the dark humor was even better. Once Mindy shows up and Flatside has to improvise, the book is one of the funniest things I ever read in a dark sort of way, mostly in Flatside's internal monologue.

One of my favorite lines was "For a split second I'm offended she would suggest I'm the one responsible for the problems in my relationship with my completely fabricated girlfriend."

I know I shouldn't have felt sympathy toward Flatside but I felt sorry for him close to the end. He was just trying to get revenge when Mindy blundered upon the scene and was surprisingly capable. Cut a poor killer some slack...

The DarkFuse novella series continues to kick ass by the truckload. Five out of five stars.

Current Kindle Unlimited Savings Total: $124.87.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment