Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Skinner

SkinnerSkinner by David Bernstein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Six friends run off the road in a blizzard in the middle of nowhere. Will they survive long enough to reach civilization with a supernatural menace wanting them dead?

I got this from Netgalley.

Fine literature is all well and good but sometimes you just want some gory good fun. Skinner is just such fun.

Skinner reads like an homage to B-movies, horror movies in particular. Bickering 20-somethings in a remote setting, beset by supernatural forces? What's not to like?

While I had a feeling how the book was going to end, there were a few twists that caught me napping. Bernstein did a good job juxtaposing climbing suspense with brutal violence.

Skinner is not The Old Man and the Sea but it's not meant to be. It's an entertaining way to spend a couple hours. Three out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment