Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Review: I Met a Traveller in an Antique Land

I Met a Traveller in an Antique Land I Met a Traveller in an Antique Land by Connie Willis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A blogger wanders into what he thinks is a used bookstore to get out of the rain. Turns out the building is the refuge for the very last copies of books in existence.

The passage from Ozymandias is a clue to the name of the bookstore/refuge/whatever and also a clue to what it houses, relics from ages past, books in this case.

The teaser I wrote is pretty much it. I love the idea of there being a storehouse somewhere that houses books that would otherwise be lost forever. There isn't all that much of a story, though. Guy wanders into mysterious bookshop, looks around, leaves. Overall, it was a forgettable experience. I did like the ending quite a bit, though.

Thanks to the fine folks at Subterranean Press and Netgalley for this ARC. Three stars but it's a weak three.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment